Spring Ahead | Tulsa Auto Care
When you need Tulsa auto care, the certified Tulsa auto care specialists at Same Day will help you.
You’ve probably been seeing the reminders to turn your clocks and watches ahead before you go to bed tonight because daylight saving time begins early tomorrow morning. With those reminders come some safety reminders – check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. But, according to the nonprofit Car Care Council, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are not the only items that should be on your daylight saving time checklist. Your car should also be there.
“Checking your vehicle thoroughly and taking steps to have auto repairs performed before the spring and summer driving season will not only give you peace of mind, but will also help avoid the inconvenience and potential safety hazards of breaking down when you’re miles from home,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council.
The Car Care Council even provided a list:
- Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving at night and during spring showers.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Underinflated tires reduce a vehicle’s fuel economy and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check filters and fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant. Dirty air filters can waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
- Check the hoses and belts and replace if they become loose, cracked, brittle, frayed or show signs of excessive wear as they are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical, air conditioning, power steering and cooling systems.
- Check the brake system and make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check if there is a defect in your vehicle on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website at nhtsa.gov/recalls by using the VIN look-up too.
The best people to do that checking are the trusted Tulsa auto care experts at Same Day Auto Repair.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Tulsa auto care and auto repair. Same Day has five conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you – Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
BIXBY AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | TULSA AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#SandSpringsAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #TulsaAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair