Don’t Neglect Your Car During the Holidays | Bixby Auto Care
Just because the holiday season is in full swing, don’t forget to have a Bixby auto care pro like the Bixby auto care experts at Same Day pay attention to your car.
You made it through Thanksgiving dinner and this morning’s Turkey Trot. Now you’re heading into the height of the holiday season with its shopping, partying and, perhaps, traveling to see family and friends. There’s a lot to do and a lot to keep track of. But don’t forget to take time to care for your car.
Neglecting auto care is almost always costly in the long run, according to the nonprofit Care Care Council. Neglected auto care almost always means much higher costs down the road in the form of more extensive repairs or lost resale value. If you’re traveling by car this holiday season, auto care is even more crucial – a quick vehicle check to help avoid the unplanned expense of a breakdown when on the road.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts that can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check lighting to identify any problems with exterior and interior lighting, as the chance of an accident increases if you can’t see or be seen.
- Check wipers. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months. Make sure the windshield wipers are working properly and keep the reservoir filled with solvent.
The Car Care Council also recommends that motorists restock their emergency kit. To save on fuel costs during the trip, the council suggests that motorists avoid aggressive driving, observe the speed limit and avoid excessive idling. Gas caps that are damaged, loose or missing should be replaced to prevent gas from spilling or evaporating.
“If you’re like most people, you’re busier than ever this time of year and may find yourself putting off vehicle maintenance,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “It’s important to remember that routine auto care means big savings by improving fuel economy, extending vehicle life and reducing the chance of costly car trouble.”
If you need a reliable Bixby auto care specialist to oversee your car care, look no further than the certified Bixby auto care technicians at Same Day Auto Repair.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Tulsa auto care and auto repair. Same Day has six conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you – Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, Claremore, and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
If you’re worried about cost. Don’t. Ask your Bixby auto care technician about Same Day’s payment options that can keep you on the road for as little as $40 per month. Your Sand Springs auto care technician can explain the program in detail and walk you through the easy three-minute application process.
BIXBY AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | TULSA AUTO CARE | CLAREMORE AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#SandSpringsAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #TulsaAutoCare #ClaremoreAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair