When your car can't handle the cold weather, call the Tulsa auto care pros at Same Day for help.
With Valentine's Day tomorrow, many people are looking for something special to do. But that can be hard when it's so cold that all you want to do is stay inside where it's warm. But we in Tulsa are lucky, because it's supposed to warm up a bit before it turns really cold again.
Really cold weather can result in car problems.
“Sub-zero temperatures can have a real impact on your vehicle,” said Rich White, executive director on the non-profit Car Care Council. “Winter magnifies existing problems such as pings, hard starts, sluggish performance and rough idling, and very cold temperatures reduce battery power. If you haven’t had your vehicle checked recently, a thorough vehicle inspection is a good idea so you can avoid the aggravation and unexpected cost of a breakdown in freezing weather.”
Among the Car Care Council’s tips for winter Tulsa auto care:
- Keep the gas tank at least half full; this decreases the chance of moisture forming in the gas lines and possibly freezing.
- Check the tire pressure, including the spare, as tires can lose pressure when temperatures drop. Consider special tires if snow and ice are a problem in your area.
- Have the exhaust system checked for carbon monoxide leaks, which can be especially dangerous during cold weather driving when windows are closed.
- Allow your car a little more time to warm up when temperatures are below freezing so that the oil in the engine and transmission circulate and get warm.
- Change to low-viscosity oil in winter as it will flow more easily between moving parts when it is cold. Drivers in sub-zero temperatures should drop their oil weight from 10-W30 to 5-W30 as thickened oil can make it hard to start the car.
- Consider using cold weather washer fluid and special winter windshield blades if you live in a place with especially harsh winter conditions.
- Drivers should stock an emergency kit with an ice scraper and snowbrush, jumper cables, flashlight, blanket, extra clothes, bottled water, dry food snacks and needed medication.
If you’re looking for an expert in winter Tulsa auto care, look no further than the trusted Tulsa auto care technicians at Same Day Auto Repair.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Tulsa auto care and auto repairs. Same Day has five conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you - Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
TULSA AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | BIXBY AUTO CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#TulsaAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #SandSpringsAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair