Whether you need routine Bixby auto care and maintenance or you need special cold weather Bixby auto care, you need the certified auto care pros at Same Day.
The cold weather has been intense, making it miserable to get to work much less to go out to fun events like tonight's women's basketball game against South Dakota. And when you have to go out, you spend extra time making sure you're dressed to cope with the cold. That extra care for coping with the weather shouldn't stop at what you're wearing. It should also include special care for your car.
“Most people never heard of ‘bombogenesis' until heavy snow and dangerous cold recently hit many areas of the country, including several states that usually don’t experience this type of severe weather,” said Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council. “Making sure your vehicle is properly prepared for the elements will help you avoid the aggravation of an unplanned road emergency.”
The council adds: "When it comes to winter car care, many motorists think of antifreeze and batteries, but vehicles need extra attention in winter, especially when a bomb cyclone hits and temperatures drop."
To help you and your car cope with the weather, the council offers these six tips:
- Keep the gas tank at least half full; this decreases the chance of moisture forming in the gas lines and possibly freezing.
- Check the tire pressure, including the spare, as tires can lose pressure when temperatures drop. Consider special tires if snow and ice are a problem in your area.
- Have the exhaust system checked for carbon monoxide leaks, which can be especially dangerous during cold weather driving when windows are closed.
- Allow your car a little more time to warm up when temperatures are below freezing so that the oil in the engine and transmission circulate and get warm.
- Change to low-viscosity oil in winter as it will flow more easily between moving parts when it is cold. Drivers in sub-zero temperatures should drop their oil weight from 10-W30 to 5-W30 as thickened oil can make it hard to start the car.
- Consider using cold weather washer fluid and special winter windshield blades if you live in a place with especially harsh winter conditions.
Of course, the easiest and best way to make sure your car is prepared for the cold is to take it to the Bixby auto care experts at Same Day Auto Repair. Same Day's Bixby auto care technicians are just what you need - convenient, reasonably priced and ready to help.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Bixby auto care and auto repairs. Same Day has five conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you - Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, and Southern Hills. For the best local Bixby auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
BIXBY AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | SHERIDAN AUTO CARE | TULSA AUTO CARE | TULSA CAR CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | SOUTHERN HILLS AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#TulsaAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #SheridanAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #SandSpringsAutoCare #SouthernHillsAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair