When your car seems to be bouncing up and down, you need to have the Sand springs auto care specialists at Same Day examine your shocks and struts.
You were headed home from the boat show the other evening when you first noticed that, every time you drove over a bump, your car seemed to bounce more than usual. Not only that, it seemed to continue bouncing after you’d gotten over the bump.
Excessive bouncing is one warning sign that your shocks and/or struts are wearing out.
“Shocks and struts help stabilize your vehicle’s movements, enhancing control when you turn, brake, accelerate or encounter uneven road surfaces. Today’s vehicles use shocks, struts or a combination of the two,” auto insurer Geico says.
Geico adds, “The basic difference is that a shock is an independent component, while the strut combines the shock and other features in a single structural unit. Both help to stabilize the vehicle and keep the tires in contact with the pavement. Without shocks, your vehicle would bounce down the road.”
Geico lists warning signs that indicate you need to replace your shocks and/or struts.
- “Instability at highway speeds. Your vehicle never feels completely stable on the highway and is constantly moving up and down. The movement may be slight, but you notice it.
- “Vehicle ‘tips’ to one side in turns. When taking a sharp turn or an off-ramp, your vehicle leans or ‘tips’ to the outside of the turn and feels wobbly. …
- “Tires bouncing excessively. After hitting a bump, you can feel a tire (or tires) reacting or “bouncing” for a time. You may also hear a clunking noise.
- “Unusual tire wear. Because the tire isn’t being held firmly to the road, the tread wears in a wavy manner instead of evenly.
- “Leaking fluid on the exterior of shocks or struts. This is a sign that the seals have broken and the internal fluids essential to proper function are escaping.”
If it’s time to replace or repair your shocks and/or struts, then it’s time to see the Sand Springs auto care pros at Same Day Auto Repair.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Tulsa auto care and auto repair. Same Day has six conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you - Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, Claremore, and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
If you're worried about cost. Don't. Ask your Sand Springs auto care technician about Same Day's payment options that can keep you on the road for as little as $40 per month. Your Sand Springs auto care technician can explain the program in detail and walk you through the easy three-minute application process.
BIXBY AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | TULSA AUTO CARE | CLAREMORE AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#SandSpringsAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #TulsaAutoCare #ClaremoreAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair