Before you go on a road trip, make sure your car is ready for the long haul by consulting the Tulsa auto care pros at Same Day.
With winter finally over and the school year about to end, many people start thinking of summer vacations. For a lot of those people, summer vacation means a lengthy road trip. For others, a vacation could mean several short road trips or weekend getaways. But whether you plan a long getaway or a short hop, the nonprofit Car Care Council says, "make sure your vehicle is road trip ready so you can have any problems fixed before you go. A pre-trip vehicle checkup will help avoid the inconvenience, potential safety hazards and unplanned expense of breaking down miles away from home."
Rich White, executive director of the council, says, “If you’re planning a summer road trip, it’s important to remember that it’s not as simple as just putting gas in the car and driving off. Performing a thorough inspection of your vehicle before you leave will give you peace of mind and help make your road adventure safer and more fun.”
The to-do list for a pre-trip inspection, according to the council:
- Check filters and fluids, including engine oil, antifreeze/coolant, windshield washer and power steering, brake and transmission fluids. Dirty air filters can waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
- Check the hoses and belts and replace if they become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check the brake system and make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Underinflated tires reduce a vehicle’s fuel economy and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the engine to make sure it is delivering the best balance of power and fuel economy and produces the lowest level of emissions.
- Check that the gas cap is not damaged, loose or missing to prevent gas from spilling or evaporating.
The best, and easiest way to get a pre-trip inspection done is to call the trusted Tulsa auto care experts at Same Day Auto Repair. The certified Tulsa auto care technicians at Same Day can help you with that.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Tulsa auto care and auto repairs. Same Day has five conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you - Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
TULSA AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | SHERIDAN AUTO CARE | BIXBY AUTO CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | SOUTHERN HILLS AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#TulsaAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #SheridanAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #SandSpringsAutoCare #SouthernHillsAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair