It’s time to think about getting your car ready for the cold winter weather ahead. Visit the Tulsa auto care pros at Same Day.
Lower temperatures and a slight chill in the air are the signals that autumn is finally here. And you know what that means. That’s right, it’s time to make sure your car is ready for the winter ahead.
“October is Car Care Month, an ideal time to remind motorists as the weather cools, motorists should complete a seasonal vehicle checkup to maintain safety and maximize efficiency,” according to AAA.
AAA has even developed a checklist to help drivers make sure their cars will be ready for the harsh winter weather:
- “Battery and Charging System – Have the battery and charging system tested by a trained technician. A fully charged battery in good condition is required to start an engine in cold weather. …
- “Battery Cables and Terminals – Make sure the battery terminals and cable ends are free from corrosion and the connections are tight.
- “Drive Belts – Inspect the underside of accessory drive belts for cracks or fraying. Many newer multi-rib ‘serpentine’ belts are made of materials that do not show obvious signs of wear; replace these belts at 60,000-mile intervals.
- “Engine Hoses – Inspect cooling system hoses for leaks, cracks or loose clamps. Also, squeeze the hoses and replace any that are brittle or have an excessively spongy feeling.
- “Tire Type and Tread – In areas with heavy winter weather, installing snow [winter] tires on all four wheels will provide the best winter traction. All-season tires work well in light-to -moderate snow conditions provided they have adequate tread depth. Replace any tire that has less than 3/32-inches of tread. Uneven tire wear can indicate alignment, wheel balance or suspension problems that must be addressed to prevent further tire damage.
- “Tire Pressure – Check tire inflation pressure on all four tires and the spare more frequently in fall and winter. As the average temperature drops, so will tire pressures. …
- “Air Filter …
- “Coolant Levels …
- “Lights – Check the operation of all headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, emergency flashers and back-up lights. …
- “Wiper Blades …
- “Washer Fluid – Fill the windshield washer fluid reservoir with a winter cleaning solution that has antifreeze components to prevent it from freezing.
- “Brakes – If there is any indication of a brake problem, have the system inspected by a certified technician to ensure all components are in good working order.
- “Transmission, Brake and Power Steering Fluids – Check all fluids to ensure they are at or above the minimum safe levels.”
While some of these chores – checking the washer fluid, for example – can easily be done by some owners, many tasks should be done by a reliable Tulsa auto care pro.
If you’re looking for a certified Tulsa auto care expert, see the trusted Tulsa auto care technicians at Same Day Auto Repair.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Tulsa auto care and auto repairs. Same Day has six conveniently located Tulsa auto care and auto repair centers to help you - Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, Claremore. and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
Don't worry about affordability. Ask about Same Day's preferred customer payment options.
That's right, Same Day is now offering payment options - with credit or no credit - with payments starting as low as $40. The program is available for both car repairs and tires.
It's easy. Just talk with your Car Guy at the location you prefer and have them walk you through the three-minute process to get you set up or click JOIN HERE next to your preferred location. They can explain the program in detail and show what options are available. They can also help you find the best program to fit your circumstances.
TULSA AUTO CARE | BERRYHILL AUTO CARE | BIXBY AUTO CARE | SAND SPRINGS AUTO CARE | CLAREMORE AUTO CARE | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#TulsaAutoCare #BerryhillAutoCare #BixbyAutoCare #SandSpringsAutoCare #ClaremoreAutoCare #SameDayAutoRepair