When your Sand Springs tires need maintenance, repair or replacement, see the certified experts in Sand Springs tires at Same Day.
It doesn't take much imagination to know the tragedy that can happen if one of your tires blows out while you're driving at speed. But you don't have to be on the road to the Renaissance Fair or some other place for a tire to blow out. It can happen when you're driving around town when you're driving at slow speeds. Either way, you're likely going to lose control of your car.
But blowouts can be prevented with a bit of care on your part: Just check your tires regularly for warning signs of tire failure.
What are those warning signs? Consumer Reports says these are the trouble signs to look for:
- "Cracking or cuts in the sidewalls.
- "Uneven tread wear. This can be caused by improper inflation, misaligned wheels, damaged tires, or by problems with suspension parts.
- "Excessively worn tread. Most modern tires have tread-wear indicator bars running across the tread, which signal the minimum allowable tread depth of 1/16-inch. When the tread wears down to these bars, it's time for new tires. Inexpensive tread-wear gauges are available at auto-parts and tire stores.
- "Alternatively, you can use a Lincoln-head penny as a tread-wear indicator. Insert the penny into a tire groove with Lincoln's head toward the tire. If you can see the top of Abe's head, the tread is too worn.
- "Bulges or blisters. If you see a bulge or blister on the sidewall, replace the tire at once. These signal potential weak spots that could lead to tire failure.
- "Excessive vibration. Tire vibration may be a sign a wheel is misaligned, unbalanced, or bent. It could also signify internal tire damage. Don't ignore vibration: Have the vehicle serviced at once."
If you see any warning signs, take your car to see an expert in Sand Springs tires like those at Same Day Auto Repair. Same Day carries all brands, sizes and style of tire to fit any vehicle or driving need.
Same Day is an AAA-approved auto repair facility. Same Day is the No. 1 AAA-approved auto repair service center in Oklahoma and has been for years. AAA members get a 10 percent discount on labor.
Same Day is the trusted locally owned service center for Sand Springs tires. Same Day has five conveniently located Tulsa tire centers to help you - Berryhill, Sheridan, Bixby, Sand Springs, and Southern Hills. For the best local Tulsa auto care and auto repair, call Same Day. Call today.
TULSA TIRES | BERRYHILL TIRES | BIXBY TIRES | SAND SPRINGS TIRES | SAME DAY AUTO REPAIR
#TulsaTires #BerryhillTires #BixbyTires #SandSpringsTires #SameDayAutoRepair